There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Monday, July 5, 2010

Pumpkin Cream cheese Muffins



Shame on me for not posting in forever. I apologize. Things have been stressful to say the least, working on things like
  • Finding, applying for, and buying things for my first apartment.

  • Studying for my pharmacy technician test (on Saturday, wish me tons of luck!)

  • Taking my final MSJC class online

  • Planning my courses in transferring to CSUF
  • Searching for a CVS to transfer my job over
I'm sure I'm leaving some things out, but my blog and cooking have been the last things on my mind! I made these a few weeks back purely for Tyler. Starbucks makes these muffins in October/November, and Tyler spends every penny he has on their muffins because he loves them so much! So when I found the recipe online, I was required in the Good Girlfriend Code to make them! The hard part of this recipe is the cream cheese roll that you freeze, but I think I took it out too early so it fell apart. Other than that, the recipe is mix everything together, bake, and done! Great for when you miss Fall

Tip: I didn't have pumpkin pie spice. Here is the equivalent:
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + 1/4 tsp ground ginger + 1/8 tsp ground allspice + 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg = 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks)

SERVES 12 muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/16 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
5/8 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces cream cheese
chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)


Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
-Put the entire brick of cream cheese on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
-Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
-Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This lets you push it down into the batter easier.
-Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
-Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
-Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
-Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts.
-Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!).
-Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools.

1 comment:

  1. I will DEFINITELY be making these. Thanks!!!!!

    Hope you do well on your test. And thank you for your visit. I was on hiatus!!!

    ReplyDelete