There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Monday, December 20, 2010

Today I am Craving..

WAFFLES.
So I lied when I said I would blog about every day that I was in New York. Finals got in my way, then my (completely awesome) birthday, now Christmas, Intersession, no time at all! The delicious food I ate will trickle into upcoming posts.

Like now. I love breakfast, more specifically waffles, and while I was in NY I had two of the greatest-est waffles ever! First was when I was in Union Square Park with Lacey. She took me to a Farmer's market/fair they were having, full of fresh produce, cool booths, and WAFELS AND DINGES!!

What is Wafels and Dinges you say? It is a Belgian waffle truck that makes its way around NY producing delectable waffle-goodness. Dinges ("things" in Belgian) include Nutella, strawberries, walnuts, bananas, maple syrups, spekuloos spread (not sure what that actually is!), and belgian chocolate fudge. I had the "leige" waffle with nutella as my dinge

Soft and chewy, completely delectable. Lacey didn't get one but had a bite of mine, now I think she's definitely on the look out for their bright yellow truck! I love the wafel-o-meter on the side of my wafel holder.

I definitely forgot about sharing.

The second waffle I had I now refer to as the waffle of my life (a little dramatic? yes.). Torrey's sister-in-law Cleia recommended this French bakery by the name of Le Pain Quotidien , and I scurried over to the Upper East Side the morning of Thanksgiving to try it. Not only is it the most adorable little French bakery, complete with a giant communal wooden table and waitress with a strong French accent, but the food is absolutely heavenly! Look at this thing!


Perfect size, perfect crunchy outside with fluffy inside, perfect perfect perfect. Something this good is hard to enjoy because you know eating it will mean that it will be gone! Luckily, Le Pain Quotidien knows how good their waffles are, so they package waffles that you can take home with you! Needless to say I did this wholeheartedly.

Another thing I loved about this place? Order the Belgian hot chocolate, and they bring you a mug of hot milk and a pot of melted Belgian chocolate.

Do it yourself!

Note: Clicking on any restaurant name that I post about will take you to the restaurants website, provided they have one. The Wafels and Dinges site should show you when and where the truck will be heading. Also, I have reviewed most of these restaurants and more on Yelp! If you want to read my reviews and others (never trust just one food opinion!) of these places, the map on the right of my page can take you there. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment