There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NEW YORK-Day 1 Here we go...!

So for those who live under a rock, I spent my entire Thanksgiving break in NYC! My older sister Lacey goes to NYU grad school, not to mention her hubby Seth goes to Colombia grad school, and they were amazing enough to invite me out! SO awesome. I had the greatest time eating, shopping, sight-seeing, eating, EATING! I loved being there and hope someday I'll get to go back. But for now I am here, and it is time to blog about it "]

MONDAY

I came in at about 7:30 NY time after my flight from Chicago was delayed two hours!

At least the airport I sat in for so long was pretty! Christmas decorations always make me happy :] So exhausted, I was lucky enough to have Torrey (flew up for Thanksgiving with his brother's fam and to be my personal tour guide ;D ) pick me up from the airport and take me to my sister's apartment. The first thing we did was eat! Lacey took me around the Upper West Side, to a pizza place that I wanted to try called Rigolettos and to Magnolia Bakery, a well-known bakery that she swears by as having the best cupcakes on the planet.

My first slice of NY pizza did not disappoint! I had a spinach and ricotta slice.


LOVED. It was huge and jet-lag curing.

In Orange County there is a great cupcake bakery called Sprinkles that I love, so I was ready to see how Magnolia would hold up to it. Took a bite of the vanilla cupcake and...Sprinkles who? It's difficult to describe the perfect cupcake, I think you just have to eat it for yourself. I can say that what won me over was the frosting, because it wasn't too sweet, giving a good balance between it and a dense cake. I hear rumors of an LA Magnolia, so I'm crossing my fingers for that day to come before Magnolia withdrawals kick in!
not to metion how CUTE their cupcakes are!

Lacey showed me around the area their apartment is in, the Lincoln Center is just a few blocks over, along with a bunch of great restaurants and stores, and the temple! It really is a fantastic area, I'm so jealous that they live in such a great place!

Day 1= Not too eventful since I got in so late, but a great start to my NY adventure! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment