Sunday, June 6, 2010
I wanted to make this purely because they looked simple, not realizing how much my sister and I would enjoy these! It only has three ingredients, and a whole lot of arm power if you don't have a mixer like me. These were light, crispy, foamy, chewy, such a great recipe to make for something sweet with few calories.
from Closet Cooking
2 egg whites (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. Beat the egg whites until they form peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
4. Slowly mix in the sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Beat the mixture until it once again forms peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
6. Place the mixture on the parchment paper in whatever form you desire.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes.