There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Knead Bread Rolls

These were apart of my dad's birthday dinner. I needed a quick simple roll recipe and I found it! They were so easy to make and tasted really good w/ butter and the course sea salt I added on top. I don't have a stand mixer like the recipe calls for, but my hand mixer worked just fine. Definitely a new go-to recipe.


No-Knead Bread rolls
(makes 8- 12 rolls)
adapted by Lululu at Home

Ingredients:
1 tbsp instant dry yeast
3/4 cup lukewarm water
4 tsp sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

Directions:
Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Add sugar and egg, then blend to combine.

Add flour and salt, mix until flour is combined. Increase speed and blend until dough is stretchy and elastic, about 4 mins. Add butter, one teaspoon at a time, and blend until incorporated.

Set dough in an oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 mins. {My dough was very loose like a pancake batter, so I let it sit in the original bowl. Turned out fine}

Divide dough into greased muffin pan, filling halfway full. Let rest uncovered until doubled in size, about 30 mins.


Preheat oven to 350F. Bake bread for about 15 mins, until golden brown. Unmold bread rolls while warm then cool completely.

Serve with lots of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment