There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Orange Tea Rolls

Noelle in College Update: College is HARD. Not the school thing, I actually really like my classes. I get a kick out of my Geography courses and especially my professors who either remind me of my Dad or are just grown-up nerds who want to spread their nerd knowledge to the world. It's the living somewhere new, trying to make friends, job searching, and I MISS HARLEY.
This is him missing me too.

I'm warming up to college life slowly, but life is not complete without this needy, swishy jell-O mould of a wiener dog.

Now onto FOOD..

If you ever make anything from my blog, let it be these. I have been lucky enough to grow up near the Hale's family, and whenever Brother Hales visit-taught out family, Sister Hales would bless us with a plate of these scrumptious orange rolls. When our ward put out a cookbook and she graciously gave her recipe to it-SCORE! Now I can make these whenever I want, and believe me, I will make it all the time!(I'm eating a few right after I post this!) They are so ORANGE-Y, and served best straight out of the oven.

Orange Tea Rolls
from Laura Hales

-1 1/4c. milk, scalded
-1/3c sugar
-1/2c oil
-1 tsp salt
-5c flour
-1/4 to 1/3c orange juice
-2 Tbsp orange rind
-2 eggs
-1 package yeast

Glaze ingredients
-1 Tbsp rind
-2 Tbsp orange juice
-1c powdered sugar


Pour the sugar, oil and salt into a bowl. Pour the hot milk over mixture. Add orange juice and rind mix. Add 2 eggs and yeast. Add flour till it makes a soft and sticky dough. Let rise in a well oiled bowl (coat dough by turning in bowl) until double. Punch down. Rest 10 minutes. Roll into golf ball size rolls. Roll the dough out like a snake and tie into a knot. Use flour on your hands as needed. Place onto greased pans. Brush each roll lightly with oil. Let rise. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes After you take it out of the oven, glaze rolls while they're warm with the following.

No comments:

Post a Comment