There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Friday, August 20, 2010

Risotto

(sorry the picture is sideways, technical difficulties!)

I've made risotto before in my high school Foods class, but I really wanted to prove to myself that I could make it on my own. I like recipes like this were a lot of effort pays off, and making risotto takes a lot of time and patience. Risotto is very versitile, there are tons of different combinations of flavors that risotto can handle, but I made the most basic version to start. Super creamy and yummy :]

Risotto
from Closet Cooking
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 cup arborio rice (or other medium or short grained rice)
1/2 cup wine
2 cups chicken stock (warm or vegetable broth)
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1 tablespoon butter
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat butter in large sauce pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter.
5. Add the wine, deglaze the pan and stir while simmering until it is gone.
6. Add 1/2 cup of the stock at a time and stir while simmering until it is gone. Continue until the rice is al dente.
7. Add the parmigiano reggiano and butter and stir to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment