There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baked French Toast Cups

This recipe was on my "To make" list, and I thought this morning was the perfect time to make these because it was the last morning my grandparents would be in town. These were like little bread puddings, and very good! I doubled the recipe to make 12 servings.

My suggestions with this recipe:
-The recipe calls for wheat bread, I used 1/2 potato bread and 1/2 oatnut bread that I had on hand. The oatnut bread was SOOO much better!
-I would let the bread filling soak for a minute or two, so that the flavors marry together.

Baked French Toast Cups
Adapted from Live.Love.Eat
Ingredients:

makes 6 servings

4 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk (I used fat free)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg
For the apples:
1 large apple of your choice, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

In a medium skillet, saute apples with butter & cinnamon for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg until well combined. Add bread cubes & mix together until all the bread is saturated. Add the apples & mix until well distributed. Using a regular size muffin tin, scoop bread evenly into 6 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until set & lightly golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment