There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tortellini with peas and shallots

It's official! I'm transferring to Cal State Fullerton in the Fall!

I visited the campus yesterday,and I thought it was great! Plus I think Tuffy the Titan is an adorable mascot!
I'm now trying to find quick, easy, and cheap recipes that I can take with me to college, and I found this recipe on The Noble Pig, a very interesting wine and food blog. I thought that it was a great opportunity to make a light and fresh sauce with simple and bright ingredients.
I changed the recipe a few ways, by changing the cheese ravioli to a cheese tortellini, and using about half the amount of peas. This was a very simple and clean dish, and I will definitely make this in my new dorm/apartment in August!


Ravioli with Peas and Shallots
Adapted from Real Simple, best recipes

1-1/2 pounds cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 10 oz. bag frozen peas
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Kosher salt and black pepper

Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, then drain the ravioli.

Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.

Add the peas, lemon zest, reserved ravioli water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, partially covered, until the peas are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.

Divide the ravioli among bowls and top with the pea mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment