There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw

Sunday, May 2, 2010

So Tuesday I found out that I wasn't accepted to transfer to UCI.

This was a major blow to my ego, because it meant that I definately get into Berkeley, meaning the only school I got into was Cal State Fullerton. To console myself, I immediately went to the kitchen and made these:

Spinach Ricotta Rounds. I got the recipe from the blog Live.Love.Eat. at http://www.stephscafe.blogspot.com/, who adapted it from http://www.chefchuckscucina.blogspot.com/. I loved these! Quick and easy to make, plus I've always had a thing for spinach so making these instantly made me feel better!
Fried Spinach Ricotta Rounds
5 cups fresh spinach
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 eggs
1 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used Italian style)
Salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying

Marinara sauce for dipping (optional)

Wash & dry spinach leaves, chop & set aside. In a large bowl mix ricotta, parmigiano, garlic, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, salt & pepper. Add spinach & mix well. Form into small balls or patties. Dip in beaten egg then breadcrumbs. Updated: Instead of dipping in the egg, use one hand to hold the round & the other to just smear the egg on each side. This will be enough.

Heat oil to 350 degrees & fry a few at at time until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on cloth or paper towels, sprinkle with a bit of salt & a little parmigiana cheese & serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment